Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Resemblance is Very Cool.

Several years ago, as my parents were beginning to clean out their house to downsize to a smaller home in the same town, my dad gave me this picture. It is my dad when he graduated from PMC back in 1959, I believe it was.



This is my oldest child last week:



You can be sure I am going to take a photo of his right profile to really compare, but even he says his resemblance to his maternal grandfather is pretty cool.

And no...he looks nothing like his dad did when he graduated from high school...which I'm including here:



In fact, the only one of our three children who looks remotely like their father is our girl:




Although maybe she looks a little bit like That Girl when she was a senior in high school:



Or, maybe not.


5 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, my goodness...

Teri said...

Wow, that is very cool!

Fran said...

Thats too cool.

My oldest looks alot like my mother in law. Weird huh?? Genetics are a funky thing.

thouartloosed said...

Awesome. I think your girl does look a little like you.

Faith said...

Wow, I do think she looks like you! :) And it's neat how he looks like his grandpa. Two of my sister's boys look like my dad; it's neat to see. :) (And I, of course, am soo looking forward to seeing who my baby will look like!)